Hello friends! I swear…with the transition in retail from Summer to Fall clothing, Halloween displays going up, and that one day we had a slightly brisk morning…summer feels like it’s slowly fading away. But then I remember: we still have a lot more summer fun to be had! Here’s what I’m looking to check out next month in August of 2017 in Columbus!
- The Columbus Food Truck Festival is one of the first events I attended when I moved here that made me fall in love with this city. It is MASSIVE! Every food truck you’ve heard of and haven’t heard of, all in one place. The lines are long but the reward at the end of the line is always delish. Check it out on August 18th and 19th!
- The best tacos in the city will be in one place on August 10th for the latest Columbus Underground: Best Bites event! Get your tickets to sample all the tacos your heart desires so that you can help vote for the best in Columbus!
- Have you tried mead before? Brothers Drake is a meadery here in town that will make you fall in love with this unique beverage! On August 5th, they will be having a National Mead Day party with limited releases, guest taps, and all kinds of fun!
- Platform Brewing is becoming one of my absolute favorite breweries in Columbus. On August 3rd, stop by the taproom to try out their newest release: Pushin’ Pedals. It’s a lemon/lime shandy and sounds like the perfect summer beverage!
- A gallery of 10 women photographed by 3 women. At Wild Goose Creative. August 5th. SO PUMPED. These three photographers are incredibly talented and incredible women so I’m so excited to see them come together for this event. PS: one of the photographers is Allie Lehman, who was my latest interview feature!
- One of my favorite Columbus activities is going to a Columbus Crew game. I’m not that into sports, but these matches are so fun to watch! Check out their August schedule and snag yourself a ticket.
- Grab your girl gang (I’m going with mine) and get over to NightLight614 on August 3rd for a showing of Bridesmaids. If you haven’t been to NightLight614 yet, you are missing out! Local food, drinks, and an outdoor movie with a view of the Columbus skyline. A fantastic Columbus summer activity that you’ll want to check out.